- Located at Sydney Olympic Park
- Contract role – to 30 Sept 2019 with possibly to extend
- Be part of the 2019 Sydney Royal Horse Show
Passionate office all-rounder with strong horse knowledge & administration skills to assist with Sydney Royal Easter Horse Show Competitions & Events
About the Role…
We are currently looking for an Administration Assistant to join our Sydney Royal Easter Show Competitions team specifically for Horse Competitions and Events. The purpose of this role is to assist the Coordinator of the Horse Section in all facets of the Sydney Royal Easter Show (SRES) preparation and delivery. If you are a lover of all things horses, shows, and events, this could be the perfect role for you.
In this fast paced office environment, you will be able to draw on your good or developing understanding of the horse world, and your very strong administration skills. With your demonstrated ability for stakeholder engagement, (such as Board members, exhibitors, officials, sponsors) customer service and your keen eye for detail, you will gallop to the ribbon ceremony in this role!!
Whilst working hours are predominantly Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm, the lead up to and during the 2019 Show will require a high degree of flexibility and weekend work. This is essential for this role.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an event administration role or in a similar role
- Knowledge or exposure within the Horse Industry and/or Horse Competitions
- Sound knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills,
- Driven passion in providing exceptional customer service
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Ability to manage and address clients concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- Be energetic and committed
- Have an outstanding work ethic and impeccable grooming
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW organises events, and competitions, acts as a guardian for the state’s agricultural heritage, celebrates Australia’s achievements in agriculture and works to promote the viability of rural communities by ensuring that Australia remains a thriving and innovative agricultural producer.
How to Apply…
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page. Don't forget to upload your resume and covering letter addressing the criteria in the advertisement, and why you believe you will be suitable for this role.
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.