- Looking for fast paced and high energy work?
- Join an experienced and professional events team
- Deliver extraordinary event experiences
Sydney Showground is looking for energetic, proactive corporate waitstaff, for our busy functions and events business
About the Role…
We are currently seeking passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join our casual Food & Beverage team for corporate front of house events. Some of these exciting events are tailored around our clientele, and include corporate gala dinners for 3000 guests, conferences, stadium corporate suites & functions.
Availability for certain busy periods or events will be an expectation of your employment and you will be expected to work weekdays, weekends and late nights according to roster.
You will have the skills and abilities to:
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Confidently provide tray service of beverages and canapes
- Provide three plate service competently
- Etiquette table service of wine and beverages
- Follow all relevant WHS regulations
- proven experience in events/functions/bar service & corporate dining
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Successful applicants will be hospitality superstars
- Have superior customer service skills
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- Be energetic and committed
- Have an outstanding work ethic and impeccable grooming
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends and late nights
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Hold a current RSA certificate or competency card which is recognized in NSW
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
The 30 hectare Sydney Showground site is managed by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) making the Society one of the largest venue and event management organisation’s in Australia.
Voted “Best Venue” at the 2014 Australian Event Awards, Sydney Showground site plays host to over 140 other major events, Exhibitions and music events every year attracting over 1 million visitors.
How to Apply…
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page, and don't forget the complete the Expr3ss!! Checklist.
So, if you are an experienced food and beverage professional and
wish to join our casual pool .....
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.