- GIANTS Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park
- Enjoy a combination of events and administration
- Sydney's home of big experiences
If you are a service oriented events coordinator with a love for sports, music, and BIG
EXPERIENCES, this is the role for you!
About the Role…
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Coordinator to assist with the planning and execution of various events held at our GIANTS Stadium. Reporting to the Manager, Stadium Events you will maintain and grow existing client relationships and work together to deliver prestige sporting and leisure events. Whilst this role has a focus on Stadium related events, you will also be required to assist with other events held at Sydney Showground throughout the year.
You will be responsible for a range of services including, but not limited to:
- Plan, manage and execute stadium related events
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our clients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within relevant industries
- Assist with managing the team’s budget and financial reconciliation
- Manage a small team of casual employees on event days
- Attend trade and industry related events as required
Our core office hours is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, however the nature of the event industry means that this role requires event driven hours over 7 day including weekend and evening work.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience working in events is essential
- Demonstrated experience working on large scale events and/or projects
- Intermediate – Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous experience working with various contractors and/or clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Have superior customer service skills
- Have an outstanding work ethic and impeccable grooming
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends and late nights especially in the lead up to, during and post events held at Sydney Showground
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
Sydney Showground is the venue and event management business of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS), a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in agriculture.
Sydney Showground was established in 1998 as a purpose-built home for major events as part of the NSW Government's multi-million dollar development for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
Today it is a world-class venue, delivering close to 150 national and international events each year, including music festivals, sporting events, exhibitions, trade shows and the Sydney Royal Easter Show, the flagship event of the RAS and the nation's largest annual ticketed event.
All profits from events held on the site are invested back into supporting Australian agriculture and rural communities.
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
How to Apply…
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page. This is to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.