- Qualified Electrician required
- Sydney Showground – Sydney Olympic Park
- Close to public transport
We are currently looking for a qualified Electrician to be part of our Sydney Showground team and work on a variety of events held on site.
About the Role…
We have an opportunity for a qualified Electrician to join our Electrical team at Sydney Showground. The purpose of this role is to safely perform electrical and technical maintenance, repairs, alterations, and event services across our Sydney Showground venue. This role will also control and monitor building services, plant and equipment within the respective scope of work.
The nature of this role requires you to work an event-based roster to meet event services and deadlines. This includes working weekends and public holidays, therefore flexibility and availability is paramount!
To be eligible for this role you will need to have the following requirements:
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or equivalent.
- Current and valid NSW Electrical License
- Current and valid NSW Electrical Supervisors License
- Cabling License
- Current Class C Driver’s license Elevating
- Work Platform (EWP) License
- 3 years’ experience working in a commercial and/or industrial environment
- Previous experience managing contractor/supplier relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation
- Fork lift licence desirable
- Previous experience / exposure working on large events
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends and late nights as required
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
Sydney Showground is the venue and event management business of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS), a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in agriculture.
Sydney Showground was established in 1998 as a purpose-built home for major events as part of the NSW Government's multi-million dollar development for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
Today it is a world-class venue, delivering close to 150 national and international events each year, including music festivals, sporting events, exhibitions, trade shows and the Sydney Royal Easter Show, the flagship event of the RAS and the nation's largest annual ticketed event. All profits from events held on the site are invested back into supporting Australian agriculture and rural communities.
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 150 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
How to Apply…
Please complete the requested information on the application page. This is to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.