Experienced administrator with strong horse knowledge & customer service skills to assist with Sydney Royal Easter Horse Show Competitions & Events
- Unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team
- Your chance to contribute towards 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Recruiting in February 2020 - 8 week Contract Role
The Sydney Royal Easter Show is the largest annual ticketed event staged in the Southern Hemisphere and we are currently looking for an experienced Administration Assistant and office all-rounder to join our Horse Competitions team for the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
You will be responsible for assisting in the administration and coordination of the 2020 Sydney Royal Horse Competition. Whilst working hours are predominantly Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm, in the lead up to and during the 2020 Show a high degree of flexibility is essential and some weekend work is required
You will be required to provide assistance in the delivery of a range of services including, but not limited to
- general office administration
- fielding enquiries
- liaising with key stakeholders, including Board members, exhibitors, Officials, sponsors and trades and
- providing assistance and support to the section coordinator.
We are looking for someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Good knowledge of the equine industry
- Exceptional customer service skills
- An intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work independently, within a team and to tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and experience in data entry
- A high level of motivation and initiative
- The ability to work weekends and extended hours where required
It is essential to have horse experience and an understanding of the equine industry to be successful in this role.
Although this role sounds like a lot of fun, it is a high-pressure period in the RAS calendar and your previous administration skills and experience mean that you are able to hit the ground running. This role is one of many, contributing to the successful delivery of the 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show, and requires a calm approach, an eye for detail and the ability to juggle many tasks at once. This is not an entry-level role and requires a level of administrative experience and expertise.
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 150 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
Royal Agricultural Society of NSW organises events & competitions and acts as a guardian for the state’s agricultural heritage. We celebrate Australia’s achievements in agriculture and work to promote the viability of rural communities by ensuring that Australia remains a thriving and innovative agricultural producer.
How to Apply…
Please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page together with a covering letter and resume.
Remember to upload your resume and covering letter addressing the criteria in this advertisement, demonstrating why you believe you will be suitable for this role.
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.