- Work on major events at Sydney Showground
- Contribute to a world class facility located at Sydney Olympic Park
- Casual positions available
About the Role…
We are currently recruiting two grounds labourers to join our Sydney Showground team.
These roles are casual positions, working on major events throughout the year. As part of the role, you will be assisting with the turf maintenance, repair and install of soft and hard landscaping which includes gardens, trees, permanent and temporary grounds environment. This role will give you the perfect exposure to behind the scenes event set-up and an opportunity to work on the GIANTS Stadium and surrounds.
In the lead up to, during and post events staged at Sydney Showground a high degree of flexibility is essential. Shifts allocated may include working weekends and public holidays.
Essential knowledge, skills & competencies
- Hold a current C Class Drivers Licence
- Fork Lift license
- Previous exposure and/or experience in Sporting field and Horticultural maintenance
- A sound understanding and knowledge of WHS regulations
- Ability to be flexible and work on a casual basis
- Ability to be flexible and work on a rotating roster, which includes working weekends and public holidays (such as Christmas / New Years Day / Easter etc.) as required
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- Be energetic and committed
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
Sydney Showground has staged world-class events including the Invictus Games, HSBC Rugby 7’s, X Games Sydney, RnB Fridays Live, Sydney Royal Easter Show as well as numerous national and international corporate events and tradeshows. The venue is also home to the Greater Western Sydney Giants AFL team and Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League.
Sydney Showground is one of Australia’s most diverse venues but also one of the most prestigious illustrated by the numerous major awards the venue has won:
2018 Winner 'Best Achievement in Venue Management' - Australian Event Awards
2016 Winner 'Banqueting & Catering and Corporate Social Responsibility' - MEA National Awards
2016 Winner 'Best Achievement in Venue Management' - Australian Event Awards
2015 Winner 'Best Venue Team' - EEAA Awards
2015 No. 1 ranked Australian AFL stadium experience
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
CLICK APPLY NOW!!
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.