- Your opportunity to ‘play’ on Giants Stadium
- Contribute to a world class facility located at Sydney Olympic Park
- Deliver extraordinary event experiences working alongside a professional team
About the Role…
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Grounds Person to join our Sydney Showground team. You will work with an experienced and passionate team in maintaining all turf, landscape and surrounding areas at Sydney Showground.
You will be primarily responsible for turf maintenance within GIANTS Stadium and surrounds, repairs and installs, garden installations, grounds and horticulture maintenance and general labouring around our site. You will have a keen interest in turf management and be proficient in the safe use of turf machinery.
In the lead up to, during and post events staged at Sydney Showground a high degree of flexibility is essential. You will work on a rotating roster, which includes working weekends and public holidays as required.
Essential knowledge, skills & competencies
- Certificate III in Sports Turf Management / Horticulture or a relevant discipline
- Hold a current C Class Drivers Licence
- Hold appropriate licence to spray chemicals
- Previous experience applying chemical sprays and identifying areas of concern.
- Previous exposure and/or experience in Sporting field maintenance
- A sound understanding and knowledge of WHS regulations
- Ability to be flexible and work on a rotating roster, which includes working weekends and public holidays (such as Christmas / New Years Day / Easter etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and deal with a variety of challenges that may arise;
- Proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- Be energetic and committed
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
Sydney Showground has staged world-class events including the Invictus Games, HSBC Rugby 7’s, X Games Sydney, RnB Fridays Live, Sydney Royal Easter Show as well as numerous national and international corporate events and tradeshows. The venue is also home to the Greater Western Sydney Giants AFL team and Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League.
Sydney Showground is one of Australia’s most diverse venues but also one of the most prestigious illustrated by the numerous major awards the venue has won:
2018 Winner 'Best Achievement in Venue Management' - Australian Event Awards
2016 Winner 'Banqueting & Catering and Corporate Social Responsibility' - MEA National Awards
2016 Winner 'Best Achievement in Venue Management' - Australian Event Awards
2015 Winner 'Best Venue Team' - EEAA Awards
2015 No. 1 ranked Australian AFL stadium experience
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
CLICK APPLY NOW!!
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.