- Enjoy BIG EXPERIENCES
- Fast paced and high energy work?
- Deliver extraordinary event experiences working alongside a professional team
If you are an enthusiastic & proactive individual and want to join our casual back of house team for corporate and large scale functions & events, then this may be the role for you!
About the Role…
We are currently seeking casual kitchen hands to assist our food & beverage team with various events staged throughout the year and for the 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show (3 April - 14 April).
Some of these exciting events are tailored around our clientele, and include corporate gala dinners for 3000 guests, conferences, stadium corporate suites & functions.
Sydney Showground is an event based organistation and to be successful in these roles, availability and flexibility around all events staged at Sydney Showground is paramount. As part of this role you will be required to work a 7 day rotating roster, which includes weekends, public holidays and evening work.
Successful applicants will be hospitality superstars, and will have the flexibility and availability to work to an event based roster as well as:
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen required
- Understanding and knowledge of WHS & chemical use
- Previous experience with operating commercial dishwasher equipment
- Previous experience around commercial kitchen cleaning & sanitation procedures
- A proven history of being punctual & reliable
- Have superior customer service skills
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills,
- Be energetic and committed to a fast paced environment
- Have an outstanding work ethic and impeccable grooming
- Be able to work weekdays, weekends and late nights
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Be legally entitled to live & work in Australia.
- Be willing to undertake a police clearance check if required
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) manages the Sydney Royal Easter Show, Sydney Royal competitions, the RAS Foundation, Australasian Animal Registry and the Sydney Showground. The RAS has a team of over 130 full-time staff – and an indispensable pool of casual staff - who work on the Easter Show, events at the Sydney Showground and other activities and events.
The 30 hectare Sydney Showground site is managed by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) making the Society one of the largest venue and event management organisation’s in Australia.
Voted “Best Venue” at the 2014 Australian Event Awards, Sydney Showground site plays host to over 140 other major events, Exhibitions and music events every year attracting over 1 million visitors.
How to Apply…
To be considered for these roles, you must complete all sections and video screening questions on the application form.
No recruitment agencies please
We thank you for your interest in the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW and Sydney Showground and look forward to receiving your application.